GeNIe Modeler: Complete Modeling Freedom
GeNIe Modeler is a graphical user interface (GUI) to SMILE Engine and allows for interactive model building and learning. It is written for the Windows environment but can be also used on macOS and Linux under Wine. It has been thoroughly tested in the field since 1998, has received a wide acceptance within both academia and industry, and has thousands of users world-wide.
An important design criterion for all our products has been from the very start that they should allow for a complete modeling freedom. GeNIe models do not bend reality to available modeling tools. Whatever the domain demands, can be modeled in our software. Because no exact algorithms exist for some type of models, our software is equipped with a suite of approximate stochastic sampling algorithms, capable of solving any models created by the users.
- Graphical editor to create and modify network models.
- Uses the SMILE Engine. You may develop models in GeNIe and create a custom interface for them using SMILE.
- Supports chance nodes with General, Noisy MAX and Noisy Adder distributions.
- Supports equation nodes and continuous probability distributions in continuous and hybrid models.
- Supports influence diagrams with decision, utility and MAU nodes.
- Supports dynamic Bayesian networks of any order.
- Open multiple networks and cut and paste sections of models between them.
- Multiple learning algorithms available.
- Flexible data handling, including import from external databases
- Complete integration with MS Excel, cut and paste data into internal spreadsheet view of GeNIe.
- Cross compatibility with other software. Supports all major file types (e.g., Hugin, Netica, Ergo).
- Support for handling observation costs of nodes.
- Support for diagnostic case management.